Make a gift today through our secure giving portal to impact students immediately. Choose between a one-time gift or easy, monthly or quarterly recurring gifts to support equitable education and programs for the community.
The Annual Fund supports our robust Montessori preschool, dynamic Anti-Bias, Antiracism programming, and compassionate Family Support initiatives.
Community Partners are the many local businesses, corporations, foundations and organizations that support the mission and vision of City Garden Montessori School.
City Garden understands the dynamic nature of giving and philanthropy. Interested in making a planned gift or gift of stock? Click below to learn more.
Gifts of all sizes have a major impact on the success of our students and programs. Thank you for doing your part to secure high-quality education and programs for our diverse community. Check out our latest gala video for more stories and highlights about the impact of giving at City Garden.
The annual fund helps City Garden provide the top-notch education that we believe all children deserve. This includes two adults per classroom, highly trained guides (teachers), beautiful hands-on Montessori materials, robust wrap-around and special education services to meet the needs of the whole child and the whole family, art, outdoor education and other specials classes, and healthy school breakfast, lunch and snack.
This year City Garden will spend approximately $3,800 more per child than we receive in public funding for K-8 students, and we will also provide an average of $5,000 per child in financial assistance for preschool students. The per-student cost of a City Garden education is more than we receive in public dollars or tuition.
To meet these needs, City Garden relies on Annual Fund gifts from parents, guardians, grandparents, and many friends who believe strongly in our students.We also receive grants from corporations and foundations who are passionate about our school’s mission.
The founding parents of City Garden’s charter school knew it would be a daunting task to raise the funds needed to provide an excellent Montessori program that’s accessible to all families. The founding parents wanted to make the type of Montessori education we witnessed in high-tuition, privateMontessori programs (costing $18,000 or more per year) accessible to families of all racial and economic backgrounds. We strive to continue building upon this vision, and we’re proud of the top-notch Montessori education that CityGarden offers.
In addition to making a personal contribution, you can also get involved with our fundraising efforts in the following ways
•Join the City Garden Day of Giving Committee! This is a new committee of parents and caregivers who will help make our April Day of Giving a huge success. You can sign up for the committee at this link.
• Be a City Garden “friend raiser”—invite others to City Garden events, share information about City Garden with friends and family members, invite them to give, or host a “Friend Raiser” event. Feel free to reach out to Christine Vinarcsik at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like information or would like to chat about this!
• Volunteer to make phone calls inviting people to give, as well as thanking donors.
• Ask your place of business or other businesses to support City Garden through an event sponsorship or a donation. Have a suggestion for a business or corporation who might support City Garden? Let us know!
• Check with your employer to see if they’ll match your gift - many employers offer a match for any funds you donate.
• Volunteer for our spring Block Party on May 6, 2023, where students, families, staff, neighbors and others will all be invited to come together to celebrate CityGarden.
• Use smile.amazon.com and select “City Garden Montessori School” to direct a percentage of your Amazon purchases to City Garden.
Check out the video from one of our recent Matching Gift Campaigns with Charidy!
It may be possible to double or triple your generosity by taking advantage of your employer’s matching gift program. Thousands of companies nationwide sponsor programs to match contributions made by their employees, spouses of employees, or retirees to nonprofit organizations such as City Garden.
Click below for a list of companies that have historically provided matching gifts. Contact your company’s human resource department to discover if there is a matching gift program and to learn more about how to complete the process.